TUPE & employment issues Solicitors York, Wetherby & Malton
As an employer, it is important to be aware of Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE) regulations that are there to protect the rights of employees.
The TUPE regulations apply to when an organisation transfers to another or where a service is transferred to a new provider. This can happen in mergers and acquisitions.
Get in contact with us today for more information on how we can help you.
TUPE procedures for employers
The TUPE procedures affect employers regardless of the size of the organisation and are there to protect all employees.
Going through a merger or acquisition may include structuring the organisation, making redundancies, and changing contracts of employment or job roles. In these cases, it is important that you follow the correct procedures to avoid unfair dismissal or other employment issues. TUPE can be a complex area to deal with, so it is best to seek legal advice before going through the process.
TUPE processes for employers
TUPE processes vary depending on the company and the circumstances of the merger and acquisition.
Generally, the following process will be followed:
- The new and old employers will establish which classified employees will be affected by the transfer.
- The employers will notify the affected employees that the transfer will go ahead and sometimes consult with them and advise them of their options.
- Information will be shared between the employers about the affected employees.
- The employment contracts are arranged according to the new employment details.
It is important that the TUPE process with employees is in line with the law in order to protect you and your business.
Our employment solicitors for employers
In addition to TUPE arrangements, we specialise in the following employment areas:
- Post-termination restrictions and injunctions
- Redundancies & business reorganisations
- Directors service agreements
- Executive terminations
Our team of Employment Solicitors are on hand to work with you for any problems you face.
Contact Ware & Kay Employment Solicitors in York, Wetherby and Malton
At Ware & Kay, we understand that handling employees in transfers can be a challenging process as staff may be concerned about change and worry about their job security moving forwards.
Our employment service for employers is tailored to individual company needs to ensure that you have a seamless transition during your TUPE. Contact us today on 01904 716000 (York), 01937 583210 (Wetherby), 01653 692247 (Malton) to find out more.